6000 series 4K Ultra-Slim TV powered by Android TV
164 cm (65"), 4K Ultra-HD LED TV, Quad Core, 16 GB & expandable, DVB T/C/T2/T2-HD/S/S2
Frequently Asked Questions
Software update - via USB
A software update is useful:
• when problems occur on the television
• to get the latest features
To update the software on the TV, follow these steps:
1. Insert an empty USB flash drive into a computer
• Format the USB flash drive to FAT32 (right mouse click >“Format”)
• Note that Android software updates can be around 1GB, ensure you have a USB flash drive that has enough free space for you to save the software on
2. Open a web browser
Go to: https://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=55PUS6501/12&slg=en&scy=GB
3. The software will be shown on the right side of the screen.
4. Check the current software version on the TV
5.”Unzip” To USB
For example: right-click on ‘xx_xx.zip’ and select ‘extract to’. It will ask where to save, select the USB flash drive.
6. Plug the USB into the television when the TV is ON
Do not switch off the TV during the update procedure!
9. Wait 5 - 15 minutes
• The screen will turn black for 5 to 10 seconds while the TV closes all apps.
• The software will now be updated. A message is shown “Installing system update” and a progress bar shows the status of the software update.
• The update will take 5 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the update file.
• When the update is completed, the screen will go black for 3-5 seconds.
• The Philips logo will show
• After the TV is fully loaded, switch the TV OFF and ON again