When using an AquaClean/Brita filter
- Remove the filter from the water tank and switch the machine OFF and then back ON again
- If the message disappears, the filter was ill-prepared or clogged. Prepare or replace the filter.
The message appears immediately after the machine has been switched on
- Switch OFF the machine.
- Remove the water tank and remove any coffee beans located on the bottom of the water tank compartment.
- Check whether the steam wand is clogged. Using a needle, remove scale/dirt from the steam wand.
- Switch the machine back ON and dispense 2-3 cups of hot water.
The message appears during brewing
- Switch the machine OFF
- Clean and grease the brew group
- For Exprelia/Xelsis only: Turn the SBS knob to the middle and restart the machine
The message appears immediately after or during descaling
- Limescale is blocking the system. Switch off the machine for one hour. If the message disappears, descale the machine once more as limescale is still inside